Vom Big Apple in die Khao San Road - Zimt und Pflaume umrunden die Welt. Stationen sind Kenia, New York, L.A., Neuseeland, Australien, Indonesien, Singapur, Malaysia, Thailand und Vietnam.

Dienstag, Januar 02, 2007

a near miss

While all over the world people were celebrating new year, my hometown turned into a battlefield. Explosions, fire and smoke was everything I could see. The night was illuminated by this crazy fight and people ran on the streets, not knowing what to do. Tears ran down their cheeks, because these bombs, were bombs of joy and this noise that made you put your fingers in the ears chased away every useless fear. I could have shouted: Happy new year! I just felt so happy in this moment when the fireworks of a whole town celebrated the beauty of life. So I put my very own rocket on the ramp to fire it in the sky and watch it burst into the most wonderful colours. I put fire to the fuse and stepped back to let it go off. I thought this, my very own rocket, will start and go off right speedily, a perfect symbol for the start of my new year... a near miss, I would say, it flew off and fell down a few meters away, without detonating. But I got a second chance and the next rocket I started just opened up like a flower in the sky. My new year started very very well.

These are the days we can feel that this sentence is not necessarily stupid:
If everyone cared noone would suffer

I beg everyone who had a wonderful new year celebration, give to the less fortunated:
http://www.unicef.de/4148.html

Labels: